Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Coke Crisis

We like Coke. Cherry Coke Zero, to be exact. In fact, "Like" may not be quite strong enough to describe the relationship that we have with this happy little beverage. So when the local market has a sale, I stock up. I'm Mormon, I can't help myself. When I see a sale, I must participate. Anywho, when returning home from said sale, it started raining. In the hustle and bustle of getting the kids into the house, I forgot all about the 10 (yes 10!!!) 12 packs of Coke waiting in the van. I forgot all about them until the next morning (a very cold morning) when Joel, leaving for work, noticed something odd about the van. The windows were covered in something brown and slushy. Overnight, the cans had exploded, covering the inside of my van in sticky, syrupy, soda. IT WAS EVERYWHERE! I did my best to clean it up, but finally we called in the professionals. Happily, he was able to get the Coke out of everything except the ceiling. (Words I never thought I would hear myself say.)

3 comments:

The Salinas Family said...

You guys and your soda! The thought just brings a smile to my face =)

Kelli Brewer said...

Ha! That's horrible! I think I would have gone for the professional detailing as well

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

I have done the same thing, not 10 cases, but just 1. I'm glad you were able to get it cleaned.