Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mom's Secret Recipe

We are big smoothie fans at our house. Every summer we pick blueberries and freeze them in anticipation of year round smoothies. Here are a few pictures of the kids enjoying their smoothies.



Now, you might be wondering why I am blogging about smoothies. Is it just an excuse to post cute messy face pictures of my kids? Nope. Am I obsessed with smoothies, and trying to use the word "smoothie" as many times as possible in one post? Well...maybe. Actually, all the moms out there will understand my enthusiasm when you find out the secret ingredient in my smoothies is SPINACH! That's right ladies, each and every batch of smoothies contains half a bag of spinach. Here is the recipe just in case you would like to make your family a "smoothie." Enjoy!
1 c frozen blueberries
1/2 bag spinach
enough milk to blend everything together, about 1/2 c
1/2 quart peaches
1 big scoop of psyllium fiber (yep, that's Metamucil)
1 big scoop of ground flax seed
Put everything in a blender and let it rip. Happy blending!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

The faces show that the ingredients are a secret. I would keep it that way. I love the blue mustaches!!!!

The Salinas Family said...

I love the first two pics of Dallin. He has the joker face going on. Too funny! That's awesome ingredients and gotta love that they haven't a clue about them. But with all that good stuff, how is the diaper situation??!!! =)

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

So where do you get ground flax seed??

Charissa

Shauna said...

what??? i should totally try that, maddie hasn't eaten anything green since she was 6 months old.

Chris Kauffman said...

I saw your comment about your dyson , I know the feeling , when I got mine I vacuumed a rug in the kitchen that I had vacuumed the day before I fell down laughing at how much dirt was in there , it almost seemed like a trick . I love my dyson.