Once I found out that all my sisters were going to be in the same place at the same time, it took all of about two minutes for me to decide and book a flight. With everyone scattered around in different places, it is a rare thing to get us all together. Even more rare is the opportunity for me to fly, or for that matter, to go anywhere ALONE! (Special thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law Shirley for helping with the kids--& here's hoping we haven't scared Kelli off from motherhood altogether.)We spent the weekend catching up, playing games, and doing a whole lot of nothing. In fact, we were so busy doing nothing that we forgot to take a picture--this is one from our last reunion. The weekend was perfection. I even got to be there when my new little nephew, Simon was born. (Congrats again JT and Mejkin.) Needless to say, it was a fabulous time. Even the not so fabulous parts (ie: sitting on the runway at Dulles for an extra 4 hours before the flight took off due to weather, missing my connection & spending the night in Phoenix with nothing but a toothbrush) had a silver lining--I WAS ALONE!
It was a much needed break, and I got home just in time to pack and get ready for a trip to the beach. Yeah, that's how I roll.

1 comments:
i see how ya roll! i'm so glad you had a good time, it's a rare delight anymore to get to be together with family , and even a more rare delight to be doing it with no cares or responsibilities. but having a good time. i so enjoyed chatting the other day. maybe when you're done jet setting and "rollin'" you can give me a call and we can take the kids somewhere to play. hope you have a great time at the beach. i'm gonna lie and say i'm not jealous at all.
Post a Comment