Saturday, July 31, 2010

OBX 2010

This year's trip to the Outer Banks was everything a beach vacation should be. It was filled with hot sunny days in the ocean, lazy afternoons at the pool, great food, crazy cousins, and lots of fun memories.

Spending time with all the Mattingley cousins is one of the best things about the beach. The kids look forward to "cousin time" all year. With 16 cousins to choose from, everyone manages to find some sort of mischief, I mean, fun.

Lauren loved collecting shells this year. Sitting in the shade with Grandpa, looking at the shells came in a close second.

Jackson loved playing in the ocean. He's getting pretty good at body surfing, and loved riding the waves up onto the shore.

Dallin sported several different "looks" this year at the beach. This is a suit I bought for him last year, it has built in floaties--too bad it's about 2 sizes too small. He cracked everyone up with his, um... physique.


Yes, we look forward to our beach trip all year long--and we were not disappointed.

6 comments:

Amy Craig said...

I love looking at the updates of your cute family! Glad you had fun at the beach. My girls and I just got back from Utah and I couldn't help but think you and and the fun times we had :) Hopefully I will get around to posting pictures soon! Glad you guys are doing well!

Shauna said...

wow, you're a bloggin' mama over there lately. it's fun to check and see something new all the time! your beach pics are sweet; dallin is too cute, that kid's gonna skip to the beat of his own drum i think. those kinds of kids are my favorite. speaking of favorites...Luke is so precious chelsey. i generally am not at ALL interested in other people's babies, but holding him on Sunday...for the first time i became ultra excited to hold one of my own little ones again. he's so sweet.
oh and i LOVE lauren's swimsuit, it looks adorable on her.
k-over and out good buddy.

Grandma said...

Looks like you had such a great time at the beach. It's hard for me to believe that Jackson is as old as he is. To be great at body surfing and such seems like an "older" kid ability. Where has the time gone? :( It's good to have such great family traditions and such fun family memories. LOL MOM

The Salinas Family said...

Dallins bathing suit was a classic. So much better in person!! It was a good week.

Karen said...

Great pics! Hopefully someday I'll get around to posting some, too. I'm afraid I'm a month or two behind. Maybe I'll blame it on the hand... =)

I think that picture of Dallin may come back to haunt him at some future date, but it's definitely one for his future fiancee.

nana said...

I thought it was one of the best years at the beach. I still will never forget the pacifier for little luke!!!