Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Memories

This year we invited a few friends over to celebrate Memorial Day. As usual, Joel was the grill master, cooking up the perennial BBQ favorites--
AWESOME burgers, brats and hotdogs.
The kids had a blast eating at their own little table, or in the "clubhouse," playing croquet, and playing on the playset.


For dessert the kids roasted smores over the BBQ coals.
Not surprisingly, Dallin was a BIG fan! :)

The grown-ups did some playing too--water balloon volleyball is always a hit at our house. The game later turned into water balloon baseball, with Joel pitching water balloons to the kids. I'm pretty sure he was just throwing water balloons at them, but they were holding a bat, and "pitching" sounds so much nicer.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks fun! Our kids had school Memorial Day (to make up for a late snow day), so Jason and I went to the movies and out to lunch!

The Salinas Family said...

I can't believe the pic of Claire. Her hair looks so blond. I guess it's been a while. Looks like you've had fun the past week.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Chelsey, thank you for coming by to see me & no I don't mind you copying my look at all. I mean, I copy people too, so I'm flattered that you like what I do. Feel free to use that as inspiration for whatever you are doing too.

Please come back & visit me often! Oh and that white set I posted, I didn't buy that. I just saw it while out yardsaling & wanted to show you all the great stuff that is found at yardsales. It was a beautiful set.