This year's Spring Break has been busy and on the go! We ventured into the city to have lunch with Joel, went to the movies, and played outside. With 90 degree weather almost every day, we've loved the taste of summer. The kids even broke out the pool and sprinklers a couple of times, and we all ended up sunburned. (In case you're wondering, even a suntan doesn't make my cankles look any better. sigh.) Here are a few of the week's highlights:
Easter Egg Hunt with the Mattingley cousins~an annual Easter tradition is a cousin's day at Nana's house. With 15 kids, it's always a party! The kids love spending the day with their cousins, playing in the woods out back, riding bikes in the cul de sac, and of course, hunting for Easter eggs.

Once Claire discovered candy inside the eggs she was done. She sat down right in the middle of everything and started eating.

After the hunt all the kids sat down and started bartering for their favorite candy. Reese's PB eggs were this year's favorite.

Everyone had a great time and by the end, the kids were all a big melty mess. Now we start the countdown to the beach!
A Family Trip to the National Zoo~Joel got to take one day off this week, so we made the most of it by heading into the city for a day at the zoo. The kids loved seeing all the animals, and despite the heat, and construction, we were still able to see a lot of the animals. We were lucky to catch a part of the elephant show, and the kids loved seeing the elephants do a few tricks. Dallin was especially excited about the elephants--that was the only thing he REALLY wanted to see at the zoo.

A close second to the animals were the misters. All through the zoo, they have water misting you as you walk by, or in our case, stop and play until you are thoroughly soaked.

We had lunch at the picnic area--no shade to be found. Joel was thrilled. :)


The prairie dog playground is always a favorite with the kids. In fact, I think this is their favorite part. They love chasing each other through the tubes. By this point I was just happy to sit in the shade.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! I guess you didn't learn from your trip last year on the metro to the zoo! Looks like you guys had a really great week. Hopefully you can finish off your week with a wonderful weekend! When is the baby due?
I totally took my kids to the zoo this week too! We were loving the warm weather, but hating the crowds. One of these days I will put some more pictures on my blog. Tomorrow is Rachel's baptism and then I will have a little more free time (hopefully!) BTW I think you are the cutest pregnant chicka I have ever seen!!
What a great week!
Loved all the fun things that you got to do! You know that we are so jealous of your weather. We again spent all of spring break in heavy coats :(
I love the last picture of claire! what an adorably sticky mess! oh to be a child again when you felt better about yourself with icecream in your hair.
Post a Comment