Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Since Easter fell on Conference Sunday this year, (we spent the day in our jammies!)
AND
Since I hadn't posted the traditional pictures of the kids sporting their new church clothes...
AND
Since it's Mother's Day...
AND
Since we're getting ready to have another baby, and I'm feeling a little mushy and nostalgic...
I'm going to tell a little about each of my sweet babies, and what I love most about being their mother. Jackson~at 7 I love your crazy smile! It's always changing with baby teeth falling out, and new giant-way-too-big teeth taking their place. I love how you still hold my hand when we walk to the bus stop in the morning. I know this won't last forever, but for now, it's makes my day! I love to wake up to sound of you already down practicing the piano. Besides being talented, you are so willing to do what I ask. I hardly ever have to remind you to practice, or do your morning job. I love to see you playing with Dallin. He idolizes you, and waits by the window every day for you to get home from school. I hope you always remember how special it is to have a brother. I love that you help me to be better--whether it's reminding us to read scriptures after dinner, or giving me a hug when you know I'm getting stressed out, I am a better person because of you. I love you, buddy!
Lauren, it is a joy to be your mother. At 5 you are so sweet, and kind to everyone. You will share anything with your brothers. I love to hear you talking to Dallin and Claire when they are upset--you are so sensitive to others, and try so hard to make everyone around you feel better. You have even sat in timeout with Claire, trying to help her to stop crying. You have a greatest laugh, and love to make others laugh. That may just be my favorite sound in the whole world. More than anyone, you are excited for our new baby to come. I can't wait to see you hold him, and love him. He is lucky to have you as a big sister, and I am lucky to be your mom. I love you, Lola!

Dallin~I love the way you wake up in the morning and immediately ask me what's for breakfast, and as soon as breakfast is over, you ask me what's for dinner. I love to hear your bedtime prayers, which are VERY long, as you pray for each person in our family several times. At 3 you definitely have your moments, but we can never stay mad at you for long. You have that mischievous twinkle in your eye, that makes it impossible not to forgive you. You have the funniest laugh right now--it is so loud, and forced, and if you didn't do it all the time, I would swear it was fake. No matter where we are, your laugh just cracks people up. I love to hear you talking--we waited so long, and now we love to hear and know exactly what's going on inside your head. You tell me every day that I am the best mom EVER! I love it, and I love you!

Claire~I honestly can't remember what life was like before you were born. You have added so much excitement to our home. You have such an energy and zest for life. At 2, it can be challenging to keep up with you, but I am so excited to see you grow. I can already tell that your life is going to be a great adventure, and I can't wait to see all the things you do. You have such a special relationship with your brothers and sisters. They love to play with you and make you laugh. As a mom, I love to see you all together, it truly is my greatest joy. As wild and crazy as you can be right now, I love the quiet moments when you snuggle up with me for a story, or hug me around the legs, or climb into my lap and put your arms around my neck. You are my sweet girl, and I love you!


3 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

I love Dallin's little suit! How handsome! Good luck this week :)

Karen said...

Great post, Chelsey! And hey, it doubles as a nice journal entry, too! =)

I'm with Kelli on Dallin's suit - definitely a sharp dressed little man.

Good luck tomorrow! Courtney is excited to share a birthday with her cousin!

Shauna said...

ahhh, that was really sweet. it made me think about all the things i love about my own little goofballs. your kids are darlings. dallin may have started yelling "armpit, armpit, armpit"...again on sunday:) but i couldn't be bad at him either. he's just way too cute. can't wait to your home. make sure you let me know so i can bring yummies. later gator