Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Man's Got Skills

I just have to "blag" up my husband for a minute. What started out as a blank wall in my kitchen, and a set of cabinets I picked up at our local Restore, has been transformed into one of my favorite places in the house. (BTW, if you haven't visited your local Restore you are really missing out. I think it might be my new favorite store!) Here are the before shots
Exhibit A: The kitchen wall
Exhibit B: The cabinets

Joel showing off his manly tools.
(For those of you who follow our blog, you may be wondering if Joel always wears this T-shirt. The answer, of course, is Yes. What can I say, the man knows what he likes. :)



Ta Da!!! My beautiful finished built-in window seat with all this extra storage! I just sat at my breakfast table this morning smiling at it over a bowl of Shredded Wheat. Note the fabulous chunky moulding that he custom made--I think that might be my very favorite part.

Now the real fun begins. I'm still experimenting with how to decorate the shelves, and deciding what to store in the baskets. Hee Hee Hee. How awesome is Joel!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

GET OFF THE BUS!!! okay, first of all what is the RESTORE and how don't I, of all people, know about it? and second....WHOA, that looks totally amazing. i love love love it. what a great idea...and Joel, i had no idea you were so handy, ahh the many things Joel can do in the BYU T-shirt.

The Salinas Family said...

Great job Joel! They came out awesome. I remember when I called that day and things weren't going to plan. Maybe it is the magic of the BYU shirt that made it come together!!! My mom looked at it with me and she says "That's my son!"

Kelli Brewer said...

Oh wow - that looks amazing. Not at all what I was picturing, but so much better.

Yes, for my birthday I request that Joel recreate Lauren's wall in my nursery. I'll do the painting and what not, I just need his expertise of measuring, cutting and well... buying the lumber. LOL

Karen said...

That looks incredible! Does he hire out? =)

Hilarie said...

Nah-uhhhh! You did NOT just steal and then execute the idea that has floating around in my head for the longest time....THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! I am ridiculously jealous! :o) I will now have to visit and enjoy the window seat myself!

Bailey Madd House said...

That turned out AWESOME...tell Joel to keep up the good work and after we move into the new house if I don't steal ALL your ideas I may have to get you to think up a few original ones just for me;) Hugs Ellie

Andrea & Adam said...

Is Joel available to fly to Utah and help me with my house? I pay with Pizza... yes, Pizza!

Kathy said...

Wow, jealous! Congrats!