Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mother of the Year Moment

The other morning I was cleaning and heard Dallin and Lauren playing in the other room. I stopped to listen when I heard Lauren start to tell Dallin all about what would happen after we died. We had just had a FHE about the Resurrection, so I was feeling pretty good about myself as a parent until...

Lauren: "After we die, we'll go back to live with Heavenly Father. Then we get resurrected, and come back to life. Well...not everyone, cause like He could do that."

At this point, I stepped in, and said, "Actually, Lauren, everyone WILL be resurrected. Every single person who ever lived on the earth will be resurrected. Isn't that neat?" Lauren and Dallin just looked at me for a minute, then they both burst out laughing. Lauren snorted and said, "Yeah, right."

I think we may need another FHE lesson.

4 comments:

Andrea & Adam said...

I love this story! but on the upside just think- it really could have been a lot worse!

Karen said...

Here's hoping neither kid has a lesson in Primary on the resurrection anytime soon! =)

Hilarie said...

LOL! Or, they could understand the principle and be waiting not-so-patiently for the dead bird you found and buried in the back yard to be resurrected asap like Lily...I'm just saying....
:o)
PS Pretty sure you're still in the running for Mom of the Year!

Bailey Madd House said...

Hey at least you stepped in, sometime I find myself just thinking "better luck next time" and I'm not even pregnant:)